Thursday, December 3, 2009

Report Cards and Christmas...


I had forgotten how horrendous doing report cards can be.  Now at least this time I didn't accidentally step on my computer which happened a few years ago.  I forgot that I had left the computer on the bedroom floor and jumped out of bed which shattered the screen of my laptop.  Fortunately the technical geniuses at Simply Computing rescued my data and transferred it to my next computer.
It's been four and half years since I last did computers and now when I retire I will again be happy never to write them again.  I swear it's cut into three weekends as I first tried to figure out my learning outcomes, fought with the latest version of Silhouette which is not Mac friendly and gave up and did them in Word.  Last night the final straw was they wouldn't print.  Okay, I forgot to plug in my printer to my computer... See the state one ends up in...  Also one gets quite grumpy along the way...

But now they are almost all printed  and I can now start thinking seriously of Christmas.  I love Christmas at school but there is never enough time.  As I walked to my fitness class tonight I was plotting what I wanted to do or rather my class to do.  They have already been thrust into a short story contest writing sequels to Penguin and the Cupcake by Ashley Spires which I totally love.  Now I am thinking they could turn those into plays for their grade one buddies who will also be reading the book.  And of course they are producing their own picture books and then they can make the buddies Christmas crackers with little treats including Jooan's origami penguins.  We are challenging the Grade Seven class next door to bring 100 cans for the food drive.  My class only gets a Christmas party if they bring in those non-perishables.  They don't know it yet but they are doing a song at the Christmas assembly.  Fun fun fun... This is when I remember why I wanted to teach again... Christmas just isn't as much fun in a school board office!

No comments: