Saturday, June 13, 2009

What I am reading-The Cafe Book


Well since I am not quite as attached to my computer as usual, I probably am reading more professional books. I feel very smart that I pressured our reading councils to bring The Sisters to Vancouver several years ago when they were just beginning to be famous. I have had lots of fun this year bringing the Daily Five (or three or four) to quite a few classrooms from grade one to seven very succesfully, and finally their new book, The Cafe Book is out. I began reading it and as I contemplate my return to the classroom, I am trying to visualize if I could set up life this way. I really like the acronym, Comprehension, Accuracy, Fluency, and Expanding Vocabulary which sum up what our students do need to be taught and to practice. Anyway I guess I will have a chance to find out. And speaking of Joan and Gail, Choice Literacy has clips of their new dvd of Joan and Gail working with intermediate students on the Daily Five so have a look. We are planning to order that dvd for the office so our teachers will be able to borrow it. If you don't subscribe to Choice Literacy's newsletter I totally suggest doing so. So much good stuff I constantly discover there.

No comments: