Thursday, February 17, 2011

Bedtime Story night



This is a quick posting but I just really wanted to tell about the event I participated in last night. Our teacher-librarian and one of our grade one teachers (my reading buddy class teacher) organized a wonderful family bedtime story night. I am sure we had about 60 or 70 participants came as parents and grandparents brought children who came with their stuffed animals and dressed in their pajamas as we shared books and stories and enjoyed cookies and milk (and decaf coffee for parents). At the end of the evening parents were able to purchase books from Black Bond Books who gave each child a lovely bookmark. It was great and if anyone would like more information feel free to contact me. It was really fun and I think that a few of my seventh graders who came with younger siblings enjoyed it as well!

No comments: