Saturday, May 1, 2010

Surviving and Thriving

In Chicago I only bought one professional book, Surviving and Thriving by Maria Carty. I am addicted to professional books  but  I have a few too many as it is and some I haven't even seriously looked at yet.  True Confessions.  I picked this one up though as I glanced through it I thought it had good ideas for experienced as well as new teachers.  What a perfect gift to a student teacher!  This year back in the classroom has reminded me of what an art there is to classroom management and this book has great tips and ideas for making your classroom inviting, and organized for both group and individual learning. 
The flip book format is one that Pembroke has introduced in the last year and one that I really like. 

2 comments:

be a positive thinker!!! said...

great blog... :)

visit me @
http://yusri-outsider.blogspot.com
http://www.fk-unhas.co.cc

meredyth kezar said...

Thank you-I am amazed by the different people around the world who somehow come to this blog.