Sunday, January 1, 2012

A New Year-random thoughts and pictures

I have been very neglectful of this blog over the holidays!  I am just going to say I have been recharging!  I can't believe I have been on holiday for two weeks.  Of course this time of the year is a busy one with lots of socializing.  I keep thinking of the posts I have meant to write but haven't yet.  Well I have a couple of days before I go back to work!  I also need to catch up on my class blog-many pictures not yet posted!

One of the nicest things about a holiday is getting to spend some time in your favorite places.  One crystal clear morning I met friends in Deep Cove.  I got the time wrong and was there an hour early but I had a fine time working on the not yet sent Christmas cards!  Deep Cove has to be one of the prettiest places in this beautiful area and I hadn't been there I am sure since the summer if then.  A great place for breakfast or just a home made doughnut has to be Honey's.

Another evening friends and I went to the Light Show at Van Dusen Gardens, which is very close to where I live.  This show gets more amazing every year and this year they also have their new Visitor's Centre as well.  It was pouring rain when we arrived and I thought perhaps we were a bit crazy but a good raincoat and an umbrella are all you really need.  And I even took a video

Today I am going on my annual walk along the beach in Spanish Banks-something I always do with friends regardless of the weather if I am here and today I think we are going to get off easy as it isn't raining or horrible.  It's a great way to start the new year and I am looking forward to the walk and the year.  Just thinking about resolutions, most of them probably not kept on my part!  But one "truth" I realized awhile ago is that it is important each day to do something you really enjoy and to  feel as if you accomplished something (however small) and that is a resolution I have tried very hard to keep and that is actually not too difficult.   Wishing you a very happy 2012!!!


No comments: